Thursday, August 16, 2012

First day of 5th grade at PDS

My first day of school was awesome. I loved Mrs. Trefz's class; we did a challenge. The challenge was that you had to get a gummy worm in a gummy life preserver with out touching the worm or the life preserver. In reading we did a thing called three facts and a fib. You write three facts and one fib and then your class had to guess what your fib was. We had instrumental music and we got to play the guitar. For lunch we had chicken Alfredo and I ate some salad. For math I did a star math quiz and I think I did really well. In science we had to write things on sticky notes and I got to hold a crested gecko in my hand. It crawled on my shirt, and it was funny. Overall my first day of school was magnificent.


7 comments:

  1. How did you discover a way to accomplish getting the gummy worm inside a life preserver without touching either of them? I'm so curious. May the next 179 days be filled with exciting learning challenges. Margo in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb- This sounds very interesting and exciting. I think Mrs. Trefz is an awesome teacher and it sounds like you are in for a really fantastic year. I know it takes some time and energy to blog but we love to hear what you are thinking. Blessings to you and praying for a great year! Love you- Mrx. C' bury

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on your blog Caleb. You're off to a great start! Blogging, or keeping a journal, as we used to call it, will help your writing skills. I bet it will become easier the more you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are making fifth grade sound incredible! I have never wanted to redo a grade before but I would like to learn to play guitar, hold a gecko,and play guess the fib! I am especially proud of you for eating some salad today! Go Caleb! Me gusta tu blog muchisimo! Espero que aprendas mucho espanol este ano! Abrazos, Sra. Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day! I hope you have a great year! See you in the halls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb, you make 5th grade sound lots more fun than I remember it being!! So happy that you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things sound GREAT- STUDENT/TEACHER/ACTIVITIES & NEW GLASSES (the better to see the world)!! Love hearing about your 5th gr days! Gmom :>)

    ReplyDelete